8. I will, within reasonable limits, give precedence to my
professional responsibility over my personal interest, and will give appropriate support
and service in times of emergency to the community and its institutions.
9. I will distinguish clearly, in public, between my statements and actions as an
individual and as a representative of my organization.
10. I will respect the confidentiality, viewpoints and privacy of persons served by my
organization and of volunteer associates and colleagues. I will act upon all information
gathered in professional relationships in a responsible and disciplined manner.
11. I will treat with respect the findings, views and actions of colleagues and will
use appropriate channels whenever I express judgments on these matters.
12. Consistent with my primary obligation for the advancement of the Jewish community,
I recognize that some staff positions require Jewish personnel whose background, training
and commitment are essential to advancing the well-being and continuity of the Jewish
community. In all other situations in which assignments do not require such factors or in
cases in which personnel can be trained and sensitized to Jewish values, I will work to
prevent and eliminate all forms of discrimination in hiring policies and practice.
13. I will demonstrate my understanding of and belief in the principles of tzedakah
through appropriate participation in the philanthropy of the community.
14. I accept the responsibility for working toward the creation and maintenance of
conditions within my organization which will enable communal workers to conduct themselves
in keeping with this Code of Ethics.